An original interdisciplinary production, THE BANQUET. A Black Ode to the Present, by director Tatjana Peršuh is an evenly-balanced blend of music, physical theatre and dramatic art.
Based on F.M. Dostoyevsky’s novella The Double, the show also reflects on the tragic fate of composer Robert Schumann, Dostoyevsky’s contemporary, who suffered from mental instability and bouts of nervous exhaustion.
It focuses on several contradictory aspects of man, an individual considered in different social contexts simultaneously, assuming various roles and alter egos. The protagonist is a tragic victim of his personal anxieties, plagued by a sense of entrapment. Confronted with the rigidity of the political system and its forms of aggression, the hero is repeatedly thwarted in his quest for the elusive ideal of a modern, successful and healthy citizen of the world.
Dates and venues:
29. 10. at 19.00 Maribor Puppet Theatre
30. 10. at 19.00 Maribor Puppet Theatre
11. 11. at 20.00 Cankarjev dom Ljubljana
12. 11. at 20.00 Cankarjev dom Ljubljana
16. 11. at 20.00 Slovene National Theatre Nova Gorica
18. 11. at 20.00 Cankarjev dom Vrhnika